Habits, compulsions *, misuse *, addictions *, obsessions *.. there are many classifications and definitions but if its a repeated behaviour you'd rather do without then you've come to the right place.
All the help you need
I believe that everybody has all the resources required to change any behaviour they need to (normally buried within them). Finding those resources and maintaining them may be very challenging and can appear nigh on impossible, especially if huge efforts have already been made without success. Such unsuccessful efforts may have been tried without these essential inner resources being brought to bear. Efforts might also fail because of the absence of the necessary endurance required, something so often made much easier by having a professional on board. After all, progress can be difficult to see when you are fighting on your own and 'giving in' could bring all those familiar rewards back into your life.
The way forward
Hypnotherapy can clearly show you 1) the benefits of change, 2) the pleasure involved in watching those changes happen, 3) a multitude of methods to combat every single obstacle in your way and all potential threats that might undermine your success, 4) it can bring to the fore positive energy and strengths you didn't believe you had in you, and 5) offer you a clear view into the habit-free future already waiting for you.
Simple & Complex Habits
Simpler habits such as e.g., bed wetting, shynesss & self-consciousness, blushing, bruxism (tooth grinding)*, compulsive shopping & spending, hair pulling, thumb sucking, nail biting, tics... etc., can be tackled with Hypnotherapy and NLP alone; while more complex problems such as e.g., eating disorders/ issues, drug addiction, gambling, and self-harm generally involve a larger breakdown of their own particular symptoms, issues and solutions*. When well-developed, these might need a range of further specific techniques on top.
Whatever your 'habit' though Hypnotherapy can help to weaken it, strengthen you, forge a better path, release you from it's grasp, and give you the control back.
Habits, compulsions *, misuse *, addictions *, obsessions *.. is a very wide remit but would include issues such as:
- bed wetting
- bruxism (tooth-grinding)*
- self-consciousness, shyness
- compulsive shopping & spending
- thumb sucking
- hair pulling
- nail biting
- social media
The more serious end of the habit spectrum would
- substance misuse *
- substance dependency *
- drug addiction *
- eating disorders & issues, bulimia, anorexia..*
- obsessions and compulsions *
- Tourettes syndrome *
There are many forms... so if you can't see it on these lists please contact me regarding your own specific problem.
Smoking is dealt with separately on this page and I will be writing dedicated pages for each of the above conditions as and when I can. In the meantime please contact me for details on more specific help.
Although the conditions listed above appear very diverse in expression there are huge similarities due to the manner in which the human mind develops its habitual and compulsive behaviour. Hence the manner of treatment is generally very similar, at least in the initial stages.
* for these issues it is officially recommended that you have first sought medical advice via your GP
*Required disclaimer: Results, symptoms and treatment may vary from person to person, all individual cases are taken on merit.
Typically the treatment will involve:
- PostHypnotic Suggestions with a view to:
- bring to the fore powerful resource memories and abilities from the subconscious, to empower the client in the challenges ahead. These resources can be accessed whenever needed.
- increase the desire for all the benefits of a habit free life
- increase the enjoyment experienced during the process of change.
- boost confidence, thus helping with the process of change.
- stop the current habitual behaviour patterns
-Hypnotic Progression - to reveal a view of the future, habit free life and show the insights on HOW to change that come with it.
-NLP - to engage and initiate the client into conscious changes at a deep level.
More complex problems such as drug addiction, gambling, eating disorders & issues, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and self-harm would likely need further techniques such as those below *
- Age regression - where initial sensitising events or childhood trauma lie at the root of the problem. In these cases such events can be revisited in the safety of the relaxed trance state and more easily reprocessed, often with profound results in many aspects of the clients life.
- TTM & Motivational Interviewing - for a more comprehensive approach to recovery from serious addiction
- CBT techniques - can be used to help retrain the automatic thinking that can be involved in a persistent habit or addiction.
- Further NLP - can be used to further strengthen the client against powerful compulsive emotions.
- EMDR, EFT (and more NLP) - can be used to undermine the automatic emotional responses attached to cravings and compulsions.
- Post Hypnotic Suggestions - can be further targeted to weaken existing responses and empower new responses in the specific areas required by each unique situation e.g., depressions, maladaptive conditions, low self-esteem, low self efficacy,.
This varies greatly from person to person and from habit to habit. This really depends on the unique individual and the complexity of their situation. Please call me to find out more specific information for you.